Brekky at Smoke House!!

In my earlier posts, I have laid emphasis on my love for Eggs Benedict and it being my favorite breakfast item. So, one such craving for the lovely egg preparation got me looking for a restaurant with All Day Breakfast (because it was around 11), thus, Smoke House Deli, Lower Parel! This was the only SHD outlet that I had not visited. The ambiance of all their outlets are unique! Passing by very often, I've always wanted to see what story the hand-sketched walls of this outlet had to tell. From where I was sitting, I didn't see anything related to Phoenix Mills, but a lot of sketches of vintage cars and trains, arty butterflies on them. I absolutely love the 'all white' antique showpieces too.





The only exception when I like my yolk runny is when the egg is poached, served on an English muffin with ham or salmon, and topped generously with hollandaise - Eggs Benedict!! We also had some spicy sausages and mustard that finished like hot cross buns being sold.




I've raved enough about the Eggs Benedict already, and that's not the only thing we ordered. We also ordered The Poached Egg with Toasted Focaccia, Ratatouille and Garlic Cream. This was a meal in itself. What a portion size, and what an amazing dish, delicious!!




A good Croissant can drive me nuts, I can eat it all by itself! The croissants at SHD were slightly disappointing, they were a little too flaky for my liking and not buttery like it should be. The menu said they served it with preserves, butter and clotted cream, but we got whipped cream (I don't know...why whipped cream??), and I asked for some preserves.


We also thought of having some tea.

Finest Jasmine Pearls -  This is the first 'Jasmine' tea that I've had that has had such strong aromas of Jasmine. I felt like I was in a temple (Mogras is what I'm referring to just in case you didn't get it).
Lapsang Souchong - Smoked Chinese Black Tea. And true to the description, its smokiness came through in aroma and flavour.



Tea was definitely a good way to end breakfast. Also, I need to mention something else that brought back a hundred different boarding school memories! The guest comment card depicted an old school inland letter card (the blue one that you fold and seal). I don't know if you still get those and the last inland letter card that I wrote on was over five years back easy!!


;
Step 1: Fold Here.
Step 2: Fold Here.
Step 3: Fold Flaps.
Step 4: Write address, attach stamp, send.
(Memories, I tell you.....)

Smoke House Deli Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato
NewerStories OlderStories Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment