Dinner at Le Pain Quotidien, Colaba!

Le Pain Quotidien! The Belgian Bakery has been in my top 5 places to eat for a while. Very recently, it made it to the very top. Yes, lpq is officially my favorite place to eat!! My lpq journey began with an urge to try 'Eggs Benedict' (which is my favorite breakfast item, followed by Danish Pastry). It continued with random pre or post work meals (BKC), BBQ Nights (Powai), the Summer Menu Tasting (BKC), and my latest - dinner at the Colaba outlet.

The ambience of the Colaba outlet is stunning, all wood interiors, a high ceiling, a beautiful chandelier, the communal table, and a wall clock above the dessert counter that really caught my attention. Even the entrance to the restaurant looks really really nice.


We started the good evening with a Tomato Basil Soup. It was the soup of the day, and the flavours of the two ingredients always appeals to me. 


Tomato Basil - Soup of the Day

One of my most cherished tartines at lpq is the Chicken and Pesto Tartine. That little dollop of ricotta cheese and slice of pear adds a nice kick to the dish. We also ordered a Chicken Cobb Salad to share. It had bacon and Danish Blue, and also some Green Tea Dessing! 


Chicken Pesto Tartine
Chicken Cobb Salad
I think the reason that I like Basa so much is the fact that it has such a mild flavour and successfully absorbs any other flavour. Kasundi Basa for mains...always amazing. The fish, quinoa and red rice risotto with the Caper Beurre Blanc go so well with each other.
The Chicken Scallopini was good and it was nice to know that the spaghetti used was organic (because why not? :P) A 'scallopine' is an Italian dish where meat is thinly sliced, dredged in flour and sauteed, served with a tomato sauce, wine sauce or a piccata (lemon and caper sauce). In this case, a lemon sauce.
Kasundi Basa
Chicken Scallopini
Desserts...desserts...desserts! From the time of the Summer Menu Tasting, I have not been over the Sugar-free Lemon Cheesecake. I just had to have it again, so I did! No regrets!
Also called for a Lemon Mousse Slice because it looked amazing. Both the desserts had lemon, but had their own distinct tastes and mouth-feel! I loved it!
Sugar-free Lemon Cheesecake - My absolute favourite!!
Lemon Mousse Slice
A good end to a good meal!

Le Pain Quotidien Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato
NewerStories OlderStories Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment