#ZomatoMeetup at Boveda - Cocktails and More!

*Bing* Phone Notification - You have a new email. *Opens it* It's a Zomato Meetup! *Bing* Joy wave through my brain. It may seem like I am overly excited about Zomato Meetups. As a matter of fact, I am! Why?? Because, Zomato Meetups are interactive, informative (not in a bookish way) and a whole lot of fun! Every meetup is a new experience. This was my second and it was held at Boveda!

It's a well spaced out place and I can say well thought out, because you know, people would like to move around when they karaoke! Boveda is known for the eventful nightlife that it offers and I can see how the place can get crowded on weekends. Great cocktails, I mentioned the space, and the food was great too!


This meetup revolved around mixology and the tweaks and tricks you can do to make a great and unique cocktail!! We actually got to get behind the bar and make some out-of-the-ordinary ones. 
There were four of these cocktails on our menu: The Watermelon Burst, The Smoke Screen, The Cheesecake Martini and last, but definitely not the least, The BVD!



The Water Melon Burst
The crowd pleaser for the evening was the Cheesecake Martini, a heady and creamy cocktail made with an in-house concoction. The showstopper though, was the Smoke Screen, mainly because of its theatrics using flavored smoke. I made the BVD, it was a mojito...with Jim Beam. Yes, Jim Beam...Bourbon (let it sink in)!! Somebody did have a picture of me making it, if I get, I will share it.

The Cheesecake Martini
The BVD
Well, this was a Zomato Meetup, with Zomato foodies, so it is not fair to leave out the food. Before i begin with any of the food, I'd like to give a MAJOR shout-out to the Cottage Cheese Picata! This is by far, THE most amazing cottage cheese dish I have ever had! I'm not really fond of chicken wings, but I liked the Spiced Honey Mustard Wings. The Vodka Tangy Prawns tasted great, but smelled fishy (pun not intended...or intended...I'm confused...now you're confused). But yea, it had a strange and peculiar smell. The Tossed Spice Mushrooms were great, and I remember someone saying, 'Mushrooms are meat to me'. I think I agree too (especially shiitake)!!

Cottage Cheese Picata
Vodka Tangy Prawns
Tossed Spiced Mushrooms
The Main Course was 'What's mine, is yours'. We passed around our food, so we could all taste everything. I'm sharing the menu so I'll tell you what I liked...The Spaghetti Agnello (Bolognese - always lovely), The Margherita Pizza, and Lemon Butter Garlic Grilled Fish (mine). I love basa, I love mashed potatoes (sides), anything goes well with mashed potatoes. Great dish, small portioned and very apt for the evening.

Lemon Butter Garlic Grilled Fish
Parmesan Crusted Chicken
Margherita Pizza
After all the delicious food, I didn't want dessert. I'm not much of chocolate fan when it comes to desserts but I made it a point to try the two out. In a evening that revolved around alcohol in drinks, alcohol in food, it would be a crime to not have alcohol in the dessert, right?! So, I did like the Ganache Tarts with Whiskey Walnuts!

Boveda is a great place for a big party (this time, pun definitely intended) to grab some snack and drink, karaoke, dance maybe, and make even a weekday eventful.


Boveda Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato
NewerStories OlderStories Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment