Complimentary lunch at 80 Days

Zomato sent me a small envelope of happiness earlier. It consisted of a complimentary meal for two at any of the Global Culture restaurants, an INR 1500 voucher for Blue Frog and a free cup of yogurt at 6th Street. So, thank you Zomato!

Anyway, when I finally decided to avail my complimentary lunch we had a tough time deciding between 80 days and Pan Pan. The other two options were, The Malts and Masala Table.

I was quite shocked to see that all the outlets were in the same building. A very ambitious and interesting venture by the owner. The restaurant (80 days) was relatively empty. And by relatively empty, I mean empty. The ambience is nice, flags on the seats, the lamps, quite spacious and top to bottom windows which allows ample natural light and a nice view of the small garden outside.


Just Outside
We sat down and asked how the meal was to be...a set menu or a particular number of courses. What we heard was the real deal and i actually had to reconfirm. We could order anything! Well, almost everything, the New Zealand lamb rack, salmon and other expensive dishes were off the offer. I would feel bad to order them for free anyway!

Enough blabber, getting down to the food. I wasn't feeling like soup too much, but the server mentioned that they are famous for good soups. So, I went with it...Cream of Chicken. I wasn't disappointed! Creamy, yet light and full of flavour! 

Cream of Chicken

For appetizers, we ordered Chicken 65 and a classic, Butter Garlic Prawns! The Chicken 65 was a mistake, I didn't like it too much and it was deep fried, so unnecessarily filling up space. On the other hand, the Butter Garlic Prawns were lip smacking. It had a little thick gravy along with it and honestly, I think i enjoyed the gravy more than the prawns itself.
Chicken 65

There were two drinks that we ordered, one was a guava drink that had something to do with balsamic. It gives a mixed after taste and I seemed to enjoy it. The Thai Iced Tea was a bummer unfortunately.

The Guava and Balsamic Drink(It bugs me that I don't remember the name :P)


Thai Iced Tea

Next in line, was some Beetroot Risotto and Pan Fried Sea Bass. The risotto was quite nice. Yes, I get it, it's Beetroot Risotto, but I wish there were smaller pieces of beetroot in it. The fish was nice, the sauce too and the skin, crispy. 
Pan Fried Sea Bass
Beetroot Risotto

Dessert time! From their Summer Mango Festival they offered us the Mango and Rasgulla Cheesecake. The cheese part of it was good. Didn't enjoy the base and the the jelly like top didn't quite do it. The Tiramisu was served in bowl. It was nothing out of the ordinary and I'm not a big fan of the plating.

Mango Rasgulla Cheesecake
(From the Summer Mango Festival)


Tiramisu

All in all, it was a decent meal. My favourite course being the mains. I'd like to visit Pan Pan sometime so I can see for myself if I picked the right one of the two restaurants the first time.

80 Days World Cuisine Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato
NewerStories OlderStories Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment